Steps to Take After the Death of Your Beneficiary
Please accept our condolences for your loss.
If you are still working or no longer working, but not yet retired:
- Complete Form 01-06: Designation of Beneficiary to change your beneficiary.
If you are retired, your action depends on the option you chose at retirement. If,
- Maximum Option Chosen: Complete Form 01-06: Designation of Beneficiary to change your beneficiary.
- DROP / IBO Account: Complete Form 01-06: Designation of Beneficiary to change your beneficiary.
- Option 1, 2, 3, 4a, 4b:
- Complete Form 10-07: Application for Change in Retirement Benefit Due to Death of Beneficiary. This allows you to increase your retirement benefit amount to the amount you would have received had you selected the maximum amount.
- Submit a photocopy of the death certificate
Other places to consider contacting:
- Office of Group Benefits: Update your health insurance information.
- Your Former Agency: Update your life insurance beneficiary.
- Supplemental Insurance Companies: Update your information.