- Finalize any purchases or transfers of time to have included in your retirement benefits.
- Attend a PREP workshop.
- Request a counseling appointment with a LASERS Representative.
This can be done in the Baton Rouge office or at Individual Counseling Sessions held periodically throughout the State.
- Obtain an estimate of benefits through an appointment or by mail using Form 5‐01: Request for Retirement Estimate.
File a retirement application with your Human Resources office. You will also need:
- A copy of your birth certificate
- A copy of your Social Security card
- A copy of the birth certificate of your beneficiary
- A copy of the Social Security card of your beneficiary
- A copy of marriage license, if Option 4A is selected
- A Judgment of Divorce, if applicable
- A copy of death certificate of spouse, if applicable
- Form 4‐05: Authorization for Direct Deposit
- Form 6‐02: Insurance Premium Deduction Authorization, if applicable (available to agency reps)
- Form W4‐P: Withholding Certificate for Pension or Annuity Payments
- Form 4‐04: Spousal Consent Form, if applicable