Our highest priority is to provide accurate, timely information and services in a secure Internet environment.
Here is how we handle information about your visit to our website:
Information Collected and Stored Automatically
If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the website, read pages, or download information, we will gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. This information does not identify you personally. We automatically collect and store only the following information about your visit:
- The Internet domain (for example, “xcompany.com” if you use a private Internet access account, or “yourschool.edu” if you connect from a university’s domain) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access our website;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our site;
- The date and time you access our site;
- The pages you visit; and
- If you linked to the LASERS website from another website, the address of that website.
We use this information to help us make the site more useful to visitors — to learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology our visitors use. We do not track or record information about individuals and their visits.
If You Send Us Personal Information
If you choose to provide us with personal information — by filling out a form with your personal information and submitting it to us through the website — we use that information to respond to your message and to help us get you the information you have requested. We only share the information you give us with another government agency if your inquiry relates to that agency, or unless compelled to do so by law. Other than the information necessary to validate secure login to the self-service sections of the website, we do not create individual profiles with the information you provide or give it to any private organizations. LASERS does not collect information for commercial marketing.
INFORMED CONSENT: Although LASERS uses leading security software, hardware, and methods to protect your personal information, there is always a risk, however small, that data may be compromised. By visiting this site or by entering the personal information required to register for or login to Self-Service implies your acceptance of this risk.
For your protection, please do not leave your computer unattended before exiting the session in those areas where your personal information is entered.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs commercial software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
- Those sections of this website where personal information is entered have been secured through standard commercial software as well as a secured firewall and other filtering mechanisms.
- Personal information sent to LASERS via this website is encrypted using standard security technology before being transmitted over the Internet.
- Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes.
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
LASERS Linking Policy
LASERS links to many websites created and maintained by other public and/or private organizations. LASERS provides these links as a service to our users. When users link to an outside website, they are leaving the LASERS site and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the outside website(s). LASERS is not responsible for the content or the privacy practices of these other websites.
LASERS will not link to any website that exhibits hate, bias, or discrimination. Furthermore, LASERS reserves the right to deny or remove any link that contains misleading information or unsubstantiated claims, or is determined to be in conflict with LASERS’ mission or policies.
Disclaimer of Endorsement
The information posted on the LASERS website includes hypertext links or pointers to information created and maintained by other public and/or private organizations. LASERS provides these links and pointers solely for our users’ information and convenience. When users select a link to an outside website, they are leaving the LASERS site and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the outside website.
- LASERS does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of information contained on a linked website.
- LASERS does not endorse the organizations sponsoring linked websites, and we do not endorse the views they express or the products/services they offer.
- LASERS cannot authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked website.
- LASERS is not responsible for transmissions users receive from linked websites.