When LASERS was established in 1946, a Board of Trustees of seven members was created. The first Board included: C.C. Smith, Chairman; James O. Dolby; P.A. Frye; N.P. Himbert; W.L. Ward, Sr.; C.J. Winters; and Bonnie V. Baker. The first recorded meeting was on July 1, 1947 at Old Peabody Hall, near the Pentagon Barracks.
Over the years, many Trustees have served on the Board, either as elected or ex officio members. Their contributions to the success of LASERS have been immeasurable.
The Board of Trustees is committed to carrying out its responsibilities in a manner consistent with the highest standards of fiduciary practice. The Board is responsible for establishing policy and overseeing LASERS operations. Louisiana law allows the Board to adopt rules and regulations in administering LASERS programs and benefits.
View timeline information on legislation that has changed the structure of the Board and historic Board events.